A common activity for families, in preparation for All Hallows' Eve, is carving Pumpkins. We have found this to be yet another wonderful opportunity to tie in our Catholic Faith. Each year our children look forward to choosing a pumpkin and carving their "Saint-O-Lantern!"
- Noah's Ark (Level 1- Easy)
- White Dove (Level 1 - Easy)
- Let the Children Come Unto Me (Level 2 - Intermediate)
- Gethsemane (Level 2 - Intermediate)
- Nativity (Level 3 - Advanced)
- The Last Supper (Level 3 - Advanced)
Also free, from American Life League, is the Pro-Life Pumpkin Template. American Life League is also hosting a Pro-Life Pumpkin Contest this year!
For a small fee you can purchase a number of "Have Faith" templates from the Pumpkin Lady. Last year we carved the One Nation Under God and Mother and Child.
I also love the templates for the Savior, The Ark and The Lion & The Lamb.
This year I am thinking about trying The Yellow Rose in honor of St. Therese and my boys are considering carving this Knight in honor of St. George.
Other ideas for celebrating the feast of All Saints can be found over at Shower of Roses and in this All Saints Link Up, as well as in the archives under the labels for All Hallows Eve, All Saints Day and All Souls Day.
To Add Your Post:
1. Create a post about your Saint-O-Lanterns.
2. Using the Mr. Linky below, enter the exact link to your post.
3. Link your post back to this post. (Please feel free to include the Saint-O-Lantern Button!)
4. Be sure to visit the links and check out everyone's Saint-O-Lanterns!
5. The linky will be open through October 31st.
6. If you would like to share a picture but do not have a blog, please email it to catholiccuisine[at]gmail[dot]com and I will either post it here at Catholic Cuisine or on our Facebook Page.