Monday, February 20, 2012

Recipes for Lent ~ From the Archives

We adore Thee O Christ, and we praise Thee,
Because by Thy holy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

Shrove Tuesday:

 


Ash Wednesday:
Prayer for Ash Wednesday

Lord, protect us in our struggle against evil. As we begin the discipline of Lent, make this season holy by our self-denial. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.


Breads for Days of Abstinence:





Meatless Meals for Days of Abstinence:
(Information on Fast & Abstinence)







Lenten Desserts



Laetare Sunday (4th Sunday of Lent):


Passion Sunday (5th Sunday of Lent):

Palm Sunday:



Holy Week:


Holy Thursday:



Good Friday:





Holy Saturday:


May you all have a Blessed and Holy Lent!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying your website. We're introducing our children, ages 9 and 11, to Catholicism after having been lapsed Catholics for the past 11 years. This is our first Lenten season as practicing Catholics (the kids are entering RCIA.) I'm f'eeling encouraged by all of your recipes. Like, maybe I can support their faith formation and get them excited about what's going on at church. I can imagine them helping me to make bread and prepare special meals during the lenten season. Thanks so much for this work you are doing. My husband and I were raised Catholic but our families never seemed to bring the faith home like you suggest on this website. You give me hope. Blessings, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up!
    I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later
    on. Many thanks

    my webpage SSPX

    ReplyDelete