Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dancing Sun Cupcakes

for the feast of Our Lady of Fatima!


In Meredith's new book, Mondays With Mary (which is wonderful by the way!!), she shares a "Dancing Sun Craft" for the feast of Our Lady of Fatima. This reminded me of the Sun Cupcakes we recently made for one of our Garden of the Good Shepherd activities. I thought they would be perfect to celebrate this feast as well. So while my children watch The Day the Sun Danced: The True Story Of Fatimathis afternoon, and color this picture, I think I might just whip up another batch!

What You Need:
  • Cupcakes (baked and cooled)
  • White or Lemon frosting
  • Yellow Paste or Liquid Food Coloring
  • Yellow Sugar Sprinkles (optional)
  • Candy Corn
  • 2 Chocolate Chips per cupcake
  • Red Licorice or Red Writing Icing (I didn't have either, so I used a few more chocolate chips.)
Directions:
  • Tint icing yellow and frost cupcake
  • Sprinkle with yellow sugar
  • Arrange candy corn, pointy end out, around edge of cupcake for sun’s rays
  • Place 2 chocolate chips for eyes and add a licorice smile

Happy Feast of Our Lady of Fatima!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love it, Jessica and Meredith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jessica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was absolutely delicious. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete