Thursday, December 1, 2011

Recipes for December ~ Month Dedicated to the Divine Infancy


The Month of December is dedicated to the Divine Infancy.  "Mary wraps up a small bundle of clothes for the use of her little Son, and then, going to the crib, she says with tears in her eyes to her sleeping Child, 'O my Son, and my God! Thou hast come from heaven to save men; but hardly art Thou born when they seek to take Thy life.'" ~ 2010 Catholic Calendar


December 3rd, St. Francis Xavier (New, Trad.):



December 6th, St. Nicholas of Myra (New, Trad.):
Breads

Cakes and Cupcakes

Chocolate Coins and Candy
Note:  After sharing this idea with the St. Nicholas Center, they came up with a few more printables!   Here is the link.   If you'd rather not make your own, you can also purchase pre-made St. Nicholas Coins from Emmanuel Books or Paidea Classics.

Cookies


December 7th, St. Ambrose (New, Trad.):




December 8, The Immaculate Conception (New, Trad.):


December 9th, St. Juan Diego (New):



December 12th, Our Lady of Guadalupe (New, Trad.):



December 13th, St. Lucy or Santa Lucia Day (New, Trad.):


View all recipes for St. Lucy/Santa Lucia Day here, or visit last year's Santa Lucia Day Link Up for even more ideas! 


December 17th thru 23rd, O Antiphons (New, Trad.):



December 24th, Vigil of Christmas (Trad.):


December 25th, Christmas - The Birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ (New, Trad.):


Breads and Cakes

Candy
Cookies
Other


December 27th, St. John the Apostle (New, Trad.):


December 28th, The Holy Innocents (New, Trad.):


December 29th, St. Thomas Becket (New, Trad.):



December 31st, New Year's Eve :

ADDITIONAL RECIPES FOR ADVENT:

Throughout Advent :


First Sunday of Advent ~ Stir-Up Sunday :
Second Sunday of Advent :
Third Sunday of Advent :

St. Andrew's Christmas Novena

Hail, and blessed be the hour and moment at which the Son of God was born of a most pure Virgin at a stable at midnight in Bethlehem in the piercing cold. At that hour vouchsafe, I beseech Thee, to hear my prayers and grant my desires. (Mention your intentions here) Through Jesus Christ and His most Blessed Mother. Amen.

Say 15 times a day from St. Andrew's Day (30 November),
ending on Christmas Eve

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh, Jessica, you did a super job with all this--all those links!!

    This is my reference, even for my own recipes!! Super job!!

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! I agree, this is a great list of recipes Jessica!!! I already shared it in my blog!! If you decide to do the antiphons in Spanish, let me know, so I can help spread the word!!
    Have a blessed Advent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! So helpful!

    ReplyDelete