Friday, June 1, 2012

Recipes for June :: Month Dedicated to the Sacred Heart


The month of June is dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.  

Glory, honor, eternal praise be given Thee, O Heart of Jesus! May all the world adore Thee!   Blessed be the love, the infinite goodness of the same dear Heart which impelled Thee, for love of us, to be born of a humble Virgin, to die upon the Cross and shed all Thy Blood in order to redeem and save us.

Sweet Heart of Jesus, be my love! 


Recipes in honor of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus (New; Trad.; Fri. before 3rd Sunday after Pentecost):  June 15th, 2012
 


June 3rd, St. Charles Lwanga & Companions(Trad.):


June 11th, Blessed Ignazio Maloyan (New):


June 13th, St. Anthony of Padua (New; Trad):



June 16th, Capuchin Martyrs of the Concentration Camps (New): (also the day on which St. Pio was canonized)


June 21st, St. Aloysius Gonzaga (New, Trad.):


June 24th, Birth of St. John the Baptist (New; Trad.):


June 26th, St. Josemaria Escriva (New):


June 29th, Sts. Peter & Paul (New, Trad.):



Other Special Feasts:

Trinity Sunday (New, Trad.; Sunday following Pentecost Sunday - This year it is on June 3rd, 2012)




Corpus Christi  (New:  June 7th, 2012; Trad.: Thursday after Trinity Sunday) and Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ (New; Sunday after Trinity Sunday):





From the depth of my nothingness, I prostrate myself before Thee, O Most Sacred, Divine and Adorable Heart of Jesus, to pay Thee all the homage of love, praise and adoration in my power.  Amen. ~  St. Margaret Mary Alacoque


Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us! 
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jessica! :) My name is Lisanne, and I live near Albany, NY. I've posted on your website before (Mary cupcakes). I just sent you a message from my cell phone ... I made a triple-layer yellow cake (yellow for "gold," or the glory of God) for Trinity Sunday tomorrow and wanted to show you. I used white sugar sheets and cookie cutters to make the crown (Father), cross (Son), and dove (Holy Spirit). Thought it turned out well! Thanks for your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say I really love these monthly posts! Thety help remind me of all the upcoming feasts and give me great ideas for meal planning. Thank you jessica!

    ReplyDelete