Source: Pampered Chef
Cake & Filling
- 2 (8 oz. each) pkgs. refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
- 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll crescent dough and arrange 12 of the triangles in a circle with wide ends toward the outside edge of the Large Round Stone - the points will not meet in the center.
- Lightly flour and roll out the seams making a 14" circle with a 3" hole in the center.
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg & vanilla and spread over dough. Top with pie filling.
- Cut each of the 4 remaining triangles into thirds (starting at the wide end opposite the point and cutting lengthwise to the point). Arrange over filling evenly in spoke-like pattern. Press ends to seal at center and outer edges.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk until glaze consistency and drizzle over coffee cake.
UPDATE: You can also turn the above recipe into 2 Candy Cane Coffee Cakes, using 3 cans of crescent rolls instead of two. I made the bottom of each candy cane with 1 1/4 pkgs. of crescent rolls, using the remaining 1/4 package to cut strips to lay over the top. I topped each candy cane with half of the cream cheese mixture and half of the pie filling. You can see additional pictures over on my other blog.