Sunday, December 6, 2009

Honey-Curry Chicken



Tomorrow, December 7th, is the Feast of St. Ambrose. Since St. Ambrose is also known as the "Honey-Tongued Doctor," I am planning on serving one of our favorite chicken dishes for dinner, which is made with honey. Here is the recipe:


HONEY-CURRY CHICKEN

In a 9x13 pan, mix the following:

4 TBSP butter (optional)
1/2 Cup honey
1/2 tsp curry
1/4 cup mustard
1 tsp salt
2 cloves garlic
Soy sauce to taste (about 1-2 TBSP)


Now throw some chicken breasts (I use six), or chicken tenders (boneless is best), into the pan and mix it all around and bake it at 350 degrees for about an hour. I cover it for the first 45 minutes and then usually uncover it for the last 15 minutes. Best served over rice, as the sauce is VERY tasty and is great over rice with some veggies!! Yum!


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. This sounds easy and delicious. I am going to make this for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous! what's the recommended oven temperature?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bake it at 350 degrees. Looks like I left that out, didn't I! I'll update the post. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is something easy enough to try :-) What kind of mustard do you use as some are 'srtonger' than others?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olivia ~ It really is a very simple recipe and turns out so delicious! For the mustard, I just use plain old Classic Yellow Mustard made by French's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, would one use curry powder or curry paste for this? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete