Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mahi Mahi- Meatless recipe for Lent week 1

I came up with this recipe last week while craving some garlic, tomatoes and feta cheese, so I decided to try this combination on the Mahi Mahi I had in the freezer for Friday's meal. It came out absolutely delicious. My husband and the kids loved it and they are very hard to please :) I'm hoping to come up with a few more meatless recipes every week during Lent for a cookbook I'm putting together with my girls.

Sautee 3 pieces of chopped garlic in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for about 5 minutes on medium heat.



Fry 4-6 pieces of frozen Mahi Mahi in the garlic oil for about 10 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper before turning the fish to the other side.


Squeeze the juice of one whole lime on both sides of the fish.



Pour a can of chopped tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes.



Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of fresh basil.



Crumble Feta cheese on the fish and serve over a hot plate of rice or pasta. Enjoy!

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment