Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Recipes for December ~ Month Dedicated to the Divine Infancy




The Month of December is dedicated to the Divine Infancy.

"Mary wraps up a small bundle of clothes for the use of her little Son, and then, going to the crib, she says with tears in her eyes to her sleeping Child, 'O my Son, and my God! Thou hast come from heaven to save men; but hardly art Thou born when they seek to take Thy life.'" ~ 2010 Catholic Calendar


December 3rd, St. Francis Xavier (New, Trad.):


December 6th, St. Nicholas of Myra (New, Trad.):
December 7th, St. Ambrose (New, Trad.):



December 8, The Immaculate Conception (New, Trad.):

December 9th, St. Juan Diego (New):


December 12th, Our Lady of Guadalupe (New, Trad.):


December 27th, St. John the Apostle (New, Trad.):


December 28th, The Holy Innocents (New, Trad.):

December 31st, New Year's Eve :

MORE RECIPES FOR ADVENT:

Throughout Advent :


First Sunday of Advent ~ Stir-Up Sunday :
Second Sunday of Advent :
Third Sunday of Advent :

St. Andrew's Christmas Novena

Hail, and blessed be the hour and moment at which the Son of God was born of a most pure Virgin at a stable at midnight in Bethlehem in the piercing cold. At that hour vouchsafe, I beseech Thee, to hear my prayers and grant my desires. (Mention your intentions here) Through Jesus Christ and His most Blessed Mother. Amen.

Say 15 times a day from St. Andrew's Day (30 November),
ending on Christmas Eve

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love all these suggestions! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I will be using some of these this Advent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! :) Do you by any chance have any recipes for the feast day of Thomas Becket (Archbishop of Canterbury)? I suppose that I could just make scones. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisanne ~ Scones would be perfect! I ended up making "Sword & Miter Cookies" for my children today. You can find the recipe here.

    ReplyDelete