Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Feast Day Plans

We love Blessed Mother Teresa. We used to attend Mass at the home parish of a group of Missionaries of Charity who always showed up for the earliest Mass radiating love and charity. My girls would race across the church plaza to receive big hugs and smiles from these beautiful ladies.

Last year's celebration was remembered fondly by my kids so this year will be more of the same with a few exceptions. Albania is located just northwest of Greece, so the food is very similar to Greek cuisine. Since the walnut cake was more complicated than I liked, I am thinking of Baklava this year. And my children are demanding requesting more homemade naan. They like it served with cheese cubes and fruit, but I still plan on making some hummus for the grown ups. Chai tea lattes are still on the menu and loved by everyone especially with a scoop of whipped cream on top! We brew our own chai tea, but here is a recipe for an instant version if you want to try it.

Lastly, here are two coloring pages I made for the girls to choose from.

Blessed Teresa 1
Blessed Teresa 2

Have a lovely day and stay dry if you can!
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Great plans Charlotte!! Last year we had our very first "Tea-and-Craft" day for this feast! My children LOVED the naan that we made. We will definitely have to make it again, and I'll have to see if I can find some Baklava... Oooh! I even have a box of Oregon Chai in the cupboard. (It is my favorite!) Thank you for the reminders, and thank you for the great coloring pages as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all things Chai! I will have to try Oregon Chai. I usually have to order my favorite (Tazo Decaf Chai) since it can't be found in stores anymore. I did try a different brand once and it was very peppery, but I don't remember what it was called.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "original" concentrate is my favorite. To make it you mix it half & half with milk (or soy milk in my case.) and steam it or heat it up. It is SO yummy!

    I also love it iced... You mix it up (half milk/half concentrate) and pour it over ice. Than top with whip cream. It is perfect for Summer.

    I don't know if you shop at Costco, but our Costco carries the Oregon Chai. I have tried other Chai's and have never found one I liked more better. (It isn't peppery...) I don't think I have tried the Tazo kind though, I'll have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do shop at Costco and will be very close to our nearest store today when we go to piano lessons. I think I can manage to pop in. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing these plans! I really appreciate that you all have been posting ahead of time. It really helps me implement some of these great ideas into our own plans. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete