Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mint Crunch Cupcakes with Candy Shamrocks


Just like the leaves on each shamrock I see, 
there are three parts to the Holy Trinity. 
First is God the Father, then Jesus, His only Son, 
and the Holy Spirit together as One.

I recently agreed to help a friend provide treats for our Coffee Hour after Mass this coming Sunday.  She choose the Sunday closest to March 17th so that we could incorporate St. Patrick's Day!    I will be making a couple of the treats and she is going to borrow a couple of my cookie cutters to make cookies, in addition to a big Rainbow Fruit platter and some Irish Cream coffee creamer.    The dear owner from our local Catholic book store will be bringing St. Patrick and St. Joseph Holy Cards to set on the tables, in addition to a couple statues as well.  It should be lots of fun!

I have a few extra cupcakes in my freezer, so I made a sample cupcake to see how it would look.   I've made Shamrock Mint Cupcakes in the past, but this time I decided to use my Shamrock Chocolate Mold to make candies to decorate the cupcakes.  Didn't it turn out cute?

Mint Crunch Cupcakes with Candy Shamrocks

Supplies:

Chocolate or Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
Milk Chocolate Frosting
Wilton Mint Crunch Sprinkles
Green Candy Melts
2-Inch Shamrock Chocolate Mold

To Make Shamrock Candies:

Melt Green Candy Melts.


Fill each Shamrock with the melted Green Candy.   For the 2-inch mold, each shamrock required 3 candy melts.  Tap against counter to remove any bubbles and then fill the molds completely, if needed.   


Assemble Cupcakes:

Spread Chocolate Frosting on top of each cupcake.  
Add Mint Crunch Sprinkles.
Top with Shamrock Candy.



Here are a few more great shamrock candy molds and baking supplies for St. Patrick's Day:





Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cute! That's such a great idea to use candy molds to make cupcake toppers.

    ReplyDelete