Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ascension Pancakes!

My 8 year old son, after seeing this, asked "what do I have to eat to get that?" I explained this is our lunch! It's kind of a dessert pancake, for lunch! We made these today after Mass. In our diocese, the Feast day was moved to Sunday, so we get to celebrate the Ascension twice! We are planning on having Mathilda's Ascension Cloud dessert for supper tonight!

Paula told me she was planning on making Ascension Pancakes on Sunday, so I googled it and this is what I found:

Pancake = the earth Jesus walked on.
Fresh strawberries= blood Jesus shed.
Chocolate syrup= roads Jesus traveled.
Whipped topping= clouds our Lord ascended into.
Sprinkles= the sweetness of life in Heaven.

We also put regular syrup on these.
My pancake recipe: (I always double this though)
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1-2 Tbsp sugar
1 cup flour
2-4 Tbsp oil
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon (optional)

Beat egg until foamy. Mix rest of ingredients until smooth. Fry.

*It is such an honor to be a part of this wonderful Catholic Cuisine blog!! I was afraid Jessica would kick me out if I did not put something on pretty soon! I hope someday we can all sit down and have some Catholic Cuisine food together and meet in real life! Pin It

4 comments:

  1. those look supper yummy. cute 'what do i have to eat' comment!
    r

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely not going to kick you off!! You are too funny!!

    I am so disappointed that I wasn't home on Ascension to make these for my kids! I love the symbolism, and they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fabulous! Definitely on the calendar for next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so great! Love the symbolism.

    ReplyDelete