Saturday, April 30, 2011

Celebrating Easter ~ Share your pictures!

Photo: Our 2011 Lamb Butter and Paschal Candle

He is Risen! Alleluia!!

I hope you all had a very Happy Easter Sunday, and that you continue to have a blessed and joyous Easter Season!

For those of you with children, last year Charlotte and I put together plans for celebrating the 50 days of Easter with a weekly Good Shepherd Garden Party for our children and would love for you to join us!  The recipes and Bible readings for the first two weeks can be viewed and downloaded here and here.  Charlotte has also illustrated a set of 50 printable symbols, for anyone that wasn't able to order a Sticker Calendar or, like my children, would like to color their own set, in addition to using the daily stickers!

Beginning next Monday (and continuing each Monday throughout the Easter season) we will post a Mr. Linky, here at Catholic Cuisine, for whoever would like to share the pictures from each week's Garden Party!

In the meantime, we would love to see what you served for Easter! Please post your pictures (and/or favorite Easter recipes) and add a link to the bottom of this post.



Update: I've changed the date on this post so that it will remain at the top of the blog until Saturday. Pin It

10 comments:

  1. We had a very simple meal a ham, potato salads and green beans but the big hits were the Easter Symbol candies you inspired! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter! I made the monkey bread. We ate so much of it that we skipped dinner! There's a photo in my blog @ www.theintuitivemom.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, I want to tell you that I used my late mother's lamb cake mold, but didn't want to make a mix, so I chanced it and used a recipe from a Betty Crocker cookbook. It came out fine, and I had not trouble getting it out of the mold, either. Also, I used chocolate, because I was trying to make it a Suffolk sheep, which are dark-skinned. The problem I had was, I left the face unfrosted, which made it difficult to make nice eyes, nose and mouth. So, I didn't take pictures. But, maybe if I'd frosted the face with chocolate frosting, it would have worked. I will have to try again next year, God willing.

    Thank you for giving me some information about the mold back in March. Happy Easter!

    p.s. the word verification is "ovesses" - it's oveja in Spanish, ovis in Latin! Isn't that funny?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post! Blessings Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Paschal candle turned out fantastic! We had a yummy brunch and then some ham and side dishes with friends during the afternoon. My kids were on one big sugar high!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I entered the Catholic Church on the 23rd at the Easter Vigil! I am *sooooo* excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your centerpiece. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gotta get one of those lamb molds!!

    We were invited to friends' so I brought the sides.....those egg nests, only I made mine with pretzels and white chocolate, and I listed the others in my post!!

    Happy Blessings for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you get your Easter candle? Did you make it or buy it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa ~ Thanks for letting me know how it went with a regular cake recipe! I am going to have to try that sometime. And how cute that you made it a Suffolk!

    Lisanne ~ Congratulations, and Welcome!!!

    Jamie ~ There are lots of options out there for making cakes without molds, but I really think the molded cake is just darling!! I hope you'll eventually be able to order the mold. :)

    Mary ~ My children and I made the candle with a kit from Illuminated Ink. You can see pictures of the process, as well as find a link to where it can be purchased in this post at Shower of Roses.

    ReplyDelete