Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Little Lamb for Easter

Isn't it CUTE?!?!  

This was my first attempt at making a lamb out of butter.  I decided I wanted to make one while searching online for various lamb recipes, when Charlotte and I were trying to choose one for our first Good Shepherd's Garden Party.

At first I ran across this beautiful mold, but it is definitely out of my budget, so I ended up purchasing this one for less than $10 (including shipping) on ebay.  It is also available at Monastery Greetings and the Polish Art Center.   


I can't tell you how EASY it was to make!  All I did was fill each side of the mold with softened butter, clamp both sides together, and place it in the freezer for an hour.  I didn't do a very good job of making sure I had the nose filled in all the way, but I still think it turned out darling.  

Taste of Home does have directions for making a Lamb out of butter without a mold, but I don't think it is quite as cute.   Nevertheless, it is still a great, last minute, option if you'd like to make one for Easter.

Apparently you can also make Chocolate Lambs with the mold as well, but since I am planning on baking a Lamb Cake for Easter with our new pan, I think I'll save the chocolate lambs for another time.  
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is absolutely beautiful.
    Very cute, I wish I had that mould now.
    Have a blessed Good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good friend of mine first introduced me to this very mold a few years ago. It is a huge treat for the kids to see this little lamb on Easter Sunday.

    I can't wait to see their reactions to the cake mold of the lamb we also purchased from Nordic Ware.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have loved to put this adorable lamb on my table at Easter dinner. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete