Chunky Tuna Salad Wraps
adapted from The Healing Kitchen
- 2 - 5oz cans Wild Planet Albacore Tuna (I buy it at Costco.)
- 2/3 cup red grapes, quartered
- 2/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shallots, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
Make Avocado Mayo: (Note: I halve the cookbook's recipe and use the following.)
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/8 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Place avocado in blender. With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until combined. Add the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
Add 1/2 cup Avocado Mayo to Chunky Tuna Salad. Mix until combined.
- Baby Spinach or Mixed Greens
- Paleo Wraps - Original or Tumeric (I've had my eye on these ever since I started my AIP diet last March... My husband convinced me to splurge on them during one of our recent grocery shopping date nights. I love them and it's so nice to be able to eat a wrap made with something more than just lettuce again!)
Place a bed of baby spinach or mixed greens and a scoop or two of chunky tuna on top of a Paleo Wrap and roll up.
Serve with Inka Plantain Chips.
You can read more about The Autoimmune Protocol :: My Journey Towards Better Health & Weight Loss with the AIP Diet over at Shower of Roses.