Monday, June 21, 2010

Celebrating the Two Hearts

This post was submitted by Lori, at Busy with Blessings, for publication here at Catholic Cuisine.   Both of these ideas were inspired by Mary's post: Appetizer for the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart.   Thank you Lori for sharing your lovely pictures with all of us!  

Recently we went to celebrate the baptism of a precious new gift from above given to dear friends of ours. I had offered to bring some snacks to share. Being that we were celebrating the feasts of The Sacred Heart of Jesus and The Immaculate Heart of Mary, I checked out Catholic Cuisine for ideas. I was thrilled to find these awesome and easy ideas!

For the first tray, I hand shaped a block of cream cheese into a heart and placed on a small plate.  I then added salsa and broken pretzels to form the crown of thorns.  Next, I added shredded cheese for the flame coming out at the top.  I put the small plate onto a larger one and surrounded it with tortilla chips.  (Using the two plates keeps the chips from getting soggy.)


For the Immaculate Heart, I also hand molded a cream cheese heart. I put some pretty little artificial flowers across the center and placed a sword plastic toothpicks through the side. Ritz crackers surrounded this also in the form of a heart.



I think these both were a special addition to a beautiful day! Thanks again ladies for sharing your creativity with us all! Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment