Saturday, April 30, 2011

Rays of Mercy Fruit Platter


~Happy Divine Mercy Sunday and Beatification of Venerable Pope John Paul II~

This is an easy Divine Mercy fruit platter to make, reflecting the rays of mercy.

"The two rays denote Blood and Water.  The pale ray stands for the Water which makes souls righteous.  The red ray stands for the Blood which is the life of souls...,
These two rays issued forth from the very depths of My tender mercy when My agonized Heart was opened by a lance on the Cross.
These rays shield souls from the wrath of My Father.  Happy is the one who will dwell in their shelter, for the just hand of God shall not lay hold of him."~Diary of St. Faustina 299~

Simple Instructions:
Just place fruit on skewers to reflect the red blood ray (strawberries) and blue pale water (blueberries) rays of Divine Mercy.  I also used bananas to add to the pale rays that stand for water.  You often see white mixed in with the blue rays to the far right of the image. You can certainly opt out of the banana skewers and just use strawberries and blueberries for the 2 rays only. I then trimmed my skewers to fit nicely on the platter I had.


"Let the rays of grace enter your soul; they bring with them light, warmth, and life."
Diary of St. Faustina~1486

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I really like this - very simple but visually symbolic. It is a nice alternative to the sweets recipes for the feast day. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica!! I just wanted to let you know that I linked several of your post of Divine Mercy Sunday at my friends blog. Here is the link: http://mariauxivi.blogspot.com/2012/04/fiesta-de-enlaces-de-la-divina.html
    Hope it is OK. Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias por participar en la Fiesta de Enlaces.Muy ricas tus recetas

    ReplyDelete