Friday, May 28, 2010

Tri-color pasta salad for Trinity Sunday


I came up with this recipe on my way to Mass yesterday morning. I was hoping to add three different kinds of cheeses, but I wasn't able to get the ones my kids liked, so I just bought one kind, although I included three of them in my recipe below.

1 box of tomato, carrot and spinach blend pasta
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 pound of Cheddar cheese, cubed
1/2 pound Jack cheese, cubed
1/2 pound Mozzarella cheese, cubed
1 pound of sliced boneless ham, cubed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Salad Supreme seasoning mix
2 tablesspoons olive oil

Boil the pasta, drain it and drizzle it with olive oil. Put it in the refrigerator to cool. Chop the peppers, cube the ham and cheese and add the remaining ingredients to the pasta salad. Enjoy! Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say I made this for Trinity Sunday - delish! Used Monterrey instead of Jack (we had some already), BUT, a word to the wise:

    I doubled the recipe (illusions of being invited to a BBQ for the holiday? :-p), and thus, doubled the cheese. Ugh. Way too much! So, if you make more, stick to the original cheese amount and you'll have PLENTY :)

    also, tasted a bit better with tomatoes - i chopped some, but cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half would hit the spot :)

    Thanks for a great recipe/Trinity lesson :)

    ReplyDelete