Thursday, May 13, 2010

Curried Chicken Salad

A couple years ago Mary shared about the tradition in some areas of picnicking on hilltops on the Feast of the Ascension.  Our family really enjoyed our picnic last year, and we are looking forward to having another one later this afternoon.  I will be following Mary's suggestions (for the most part) and thought I would take a second to share my new favorite chicken salad recipe with you all.  My friend Carrie shared the recipe with me, after bringing them to my baby shower last year, and it is delicious!


Curried Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
1 medium unpeeled red apple, chopped
¾ cup dried cranberries
½ cup thinly sliced celery
¼ cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
¾ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
2 teaspoons lime juice
½ teaspoon curry powder
12 slices bread
Lettuce Leaves

Directions:

In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine mayonnaise, lime juice and curry powder; add to chicken mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Assemble sandwiches with lettuce and chicken salad.


Happy Ascension Thursday!
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. looks delicious Jessica. I decided we would wait to try this picnic idea on Sunday for the Ascension so my husband could join us. We made the Miracle of teh Sun cupcakes today for Our Lady of Fatima.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! I love curry. Can't wait to try this recipe!

    Thanks so much for sharing it Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this delicious chicken salad which my wife prepared today!
    Armiger Jagoe,editor
    The Joyful Catholic
    http://thejoyfulcatholic.wordpress.
    com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum!!!!!!!!!! that looks good. Even at 7:30 my time....which ehem is still today...ehhem...any way. I wish I was there to help you eat it all!! count me in when I'm in town, I'll help u cook and this time won't mix the cake frosting in with the cake ooops :P

    ReplyDelete