Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Blueberry "Waffle Cake" for Mary's Birthday!


So as I imagined, I did not have time to make a cake for Mary's birthday today.  So I opted for my alternate plan of a "waffle cake" for dinner. This was embarrassingly easy, as I didn't even make the waffles, but just used frozen toaster waffles. The kids were having such a fun time at the park, that I decided to let them play longer instead leaving early to get home in time to make the waffles from scratch. To make the "cake," I layered the waffles with whipped cream, finishing with a layer of whipped cream on top. I poured blueberries (defrosted from my large and perfectly frozen collection) all over the top of the cake and then drizzled the entire cake with maple syrup. I had to work fast so the whipped cream didn't melt, but I placed a statue of Mary next to the cake and lit a blue candle on top and we sung "Happy Birthday" to Mary. It was a very sweet dinner, but a dinner and dessert in one. The kids loved it.

Happy Birthday Mary!


This post was written by Robina, at Motherly Loving, and submitted for publication here at Catholic Cuisine.  Thank you Robina!
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment