Earlier this month we made an easy and delicious Tres Leche cake as part of our Cinco de Mayo dinner. It would be a great option this coming weekend in honor of "Trinity Sunday!"
I based it off of this recipe but made some alterations (mostly to make less sugary and cut out some unnecessary fat) so my version is below:
Tres Leche Cake
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
2 cups skim milk
1/2 of a 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 and 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1-2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
sprinkling of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Cream butter or margarine and the 1 cup sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 2 tablespoons at a time; mix until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Pierce cake several times with a fork.Cool cake.
- Combine the skim milk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk together. Pour over the top of the cooled cake.
- Whip whipping cream, 1-2 tablespoons of sugar, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla together until thick. Spread over the top of cake. Sprinkle top of cake with cinnamon. Be sure and keep cake refrigerated, enjoy!
Our Lady of Guadalupe & Saint Juan Diego,
patron saints of Mexico,
Pray for us!*Additional recipes for Trinity Sunday can be found in the archives. Pin It