Monday, October 1, 2012

Heavenly Rose Garden Cupcakes


"My mission-to make God loved-will begin after my death.
I will spend my heaven doing good on earth.
I will send a shower of roses."

Happy feast of St. Therese!   Originally I thought I would make another Rose cake in honor of today's feast, but since we just had cake for the feast of St. Michael, and with the feast of the Holy Guardian Angels (and our 13th wedding anniversary!) tomorrow, and then the traditional feast of St. Therese on Wednesday, I decided to make a quick batch of cupcakes - decorating some for after dinner and saving the rest for later.   I still don't have the buttercream roses perfected, but it has been fun to practice!

Supplies

Cupcakes
Buttercream Frosting (recipe below)
Wilton 1M tip & Pastry Bag
Wilton Color Mist Food Spray (optional)


Buttercream Frosting

Adapted from Wilton
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (they suggest clear, but I only had regular)
  • 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
  • 2 tablespoons milk
*This makes enough to frost approximately 14-16 cupcakes


Directions

Make frosting. In a large bowl, cream the shortening and butter with an electric mixer.  Add vanilla.  Gradually add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed.  Continue beating at medium speed and add the milk a little at a time, until the frosting reaches desired consistency for piping.  

Using a Wilton 1M tip and pastry bag, make a rosette on the top of each cupcake by swirling a circle from the center outward.  You can watch a video tutorial here.

Spray each cupcake, if desired, with the color mist food spray.


You can find additional recipes in honor of St. Therese in the archives

St. Therese, the little flower,
please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden
and send it to me with a message of love; 
ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore 
and tell Him I will love Him each day more and more.

St. Therese, the Little Flower, 
Pray for us!
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment