Thursday, April 9, 2015

Divine Mercy Cake

The following recipe was submitted by Susan, from Sole Searching Mama, for the feast of Divine Mercy. Thank you, Susan!


Divine Mercy Cake

Ingredients:
  • 1 white cake mix
  • 1 small package Jell-O, any flavor (I used strawberry)
  • 1 package dream whip (in the pudding/Jell-O section)
  • 1 package vanilla instant pudding
  • 1 ½ cup very cold milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Dissolve jello in ¾ cup boiling water. Add ½ cup of very cold water to the jello, set aside until it reaches room temperature. Bake the cake in a 9” x 13” pan as directed (I added 1 tsp. clear vanilla to the cake to give it more flavor.). Cool the cake for about 30 minutes. With the cake still warm, poke holes in the cake about ½ inch apart. I used a chop stick and wiggled the stick a bit to create an open hole for the jello to flow into. Slowly pour the jello into the holes. Place the cake in the fridge to chill. In a bowl, blend together dream whip, pudding, cold milk and vanilla until stiff and fluffy, about 4-6 minutes. Frost the cake and garnish as desired.

The following combinations make a lovely cake:
Strawberry Jell-O with strawberry garnish
Peach Jell-O with mint leaf garnish
Orange Jell-O with a mandarin orange garnish
Raspberry Jell-O with raspberry garnish



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh!! I love poke cakes!!! This looks simply divine!! hahahaha Thank you for your blog, it's been an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I have been searching for this recipe for years. My grandmother used to make it for my cousin every year on her birthday. She called it icebox cake. I called my cousin and told her I will make her a cake next week. She is very excited!

    ReplyDelete