Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Seven Sorrows Of Mary Cookies

Remembering the Seven Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary
throughout the month of September...

I thought I'd share this idea since I found these tasty heart-shaped treats at our local Trader Joe's market.
I know that I appreciate a "quick tip" for the days that we fall short with our time to bake or cook something for a liturgical celebration.
Being heart-shaped, I can think of a few occasions to use these!
I also found these to be a bit lighter on the calorie and sugar content!
I like the idea of using cocktail swords for the seven sorrows but I didn't have those on hand.  Toothpicks served as a nice alternate visual learning tool.

In honor of Our Lady of Sorrows, let us offer an extra Hail Mary for those who need the intercession of Our Lady, Comforter of the Afflicted.

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment