|The Birthday of Saint John the Baptist from Saints: A Year in Faith and Art|
Honey Sweetened Grasshopper Bars
adapted from Raia's Recipes
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup organic raw honey
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 c. shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (or a few drops of peppermint oil for AIP)
- dash of salt (I used Real Salt.)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp organic raw honey
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (I used Rapunzel Organic Cocoa Powder. You could also substitute carob powder for a caffeine-free treat that is AIP approved!)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (I used Frontier Naturals Non-Alcoholic Vanilla.)
- dash of salt
1. Line a 9×9 inch baking dish with foil.
2. Place all ingredients in high powered blender (I used my Vitamix) or a food processor. Blend until smooth.
3. Smooth mixture into prepared dish and stick in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate layer.
1. In small saucepan, melt coconut oil and honey over low heat.
2. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Pour over chilled bottom layer and return to the freezer for about 15 minutes, or until the chocolate layer is hardened.
4. Remove from foil and cut into bars.
5. Store covered in the freezer.
Makes approximately 8 servings
Note: These would also make a healthy green treat for St. Patrick's day in March!
Saint John the Baptist, pray for us!