Today is the 100th anniversary of Mother Teresa's birth! This incredible woman was and is a true inspiration for all people. Her generosity and selflessness affected the lives of people all over the world.
So today, go Indian and celebrate this wonderful Godly woman with a special and very simple tea.
Indian Fried Bread
courtesy of All Recipes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, salt and water until a soft dough is formed. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly. Divide dough into golf ball size pieces and cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap.
- Select a ball of dough and roll out until very thin but not torn. Sprinkle lightly and evenly with sugar. Fold up dough into a small square and roll out again until thin.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium heat. Place the rolled dough onto the pan and cook for 1/2 to 1 minute on each side until golden. Serve immediately. Repeat until all dough balls have been rolled and cooked.
- Drizzle these bad boys with honey! They are terribly yummy!
Chai Tea Smoothies
courtesy of Food Network
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened instant tea
- 1/4 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Ice cubes
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
In a blender, combine all ingredients but the ice and mint. Process until blended. Gradually add enough ice to make a thick consistency. Pour mixture into tall glasses and serve. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
The recipe above is unsweetened, so we added some sugar! About a spoon per glass. Also, honey would probably be very yummy!
This is really simple and the kids really enjoy it! Just make sure you have some napkins handy for all that gooey honey!