Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Saint Patrick's Day Peppermint Candy Shake

Here is a fun and yummy "green" drink I like to serve on the feast of St. Patrick, and sneak a bit of spinach into my children at the same time! ;)

Saint Patrick's Day 
Peppermint Candy Shake 

2 cups vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup spinach (optional) 
1/2 cup Peppermint Patties

♣ Place candy pieces and place into the freezer for 15 minutes.
♣ Blend milk and spinach until smooth.
♣ Add vanilla ice cream and candy and blend on medium speed for 30 seconds.  Stir with a spoon and blend for 30 more seconds.
♣ Repeat until desired consistency is reached.
♣ Top with whipped cream.

I hope you all have a very Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love that you snuck in spinach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you use/do you recommend fresh or frozen spinach?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use fresh, though I do have a Vita-Mix which is excellent at blending fresh produce. In a regular blender, frozen might blend a little easier, or you may want to chop it up to get it started...

    ReplyDelete