Tuesday, March 14, 2017

St. Patrick’s Day Potato


The St. Patrick’s Day Potato from See’s Candies is a fun treat for the feast of this great Irish saint! According to the ingredient list, the “dirt” is actually cocoa powder and cinnamon, the white “potato” inside is delicious nougat with walnuts, and it’s topped with a few pine nuts representing the “eyes of the potato.”


Pick them up at the store if you have one in your area or order them online while you can
Only available seasonally!


These photos were from last year's celebration. You can find links to our St. Patrick from Naturally Catholic (pictured above) and the free printables for our Blessed Trinity Shamrock "Glory Be" Prayer Poster over at Shower of Roses. Scroll through all St. Patrick's Day posts here

Find additional recipes for St. Patrick's Day in the archives here at Catholic Cuisine!

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Great find. Imagine we could concoct a knock-off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we could! This recipe looks similar: https://www.thespruce.com/irish-potatoes-candy-521314

      Delete
  2. Off the subject, but I have been trying to download the St. Patrick coin document. It keeps going to a different site. Could you please direct me on how to download this doc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond! I will transfer the documents from Scribd to Dropbox and update the links. In the meantime you can find the links in this post over at Shower of Roses: http://showerofroses.blogspot.com/2017/03/saint-patrick.html

      Delete
    2. I can only find the St. Nicholas coins at the link above. I am new to shower of roses. I don't understand what Dropbox is. Still in need of St. Nicholas document.

      Delete
    3. I'm sorry I'm a little confused on whether you need St. Patrick still or St. Nicholas...

      I used to use a website called Scribd to host all the documents but so many people have had trouble with it lately that I'm slowly working towards moving them to Dropbox, just another document hosting site.

      Here are the direct links to both:

      St. Patrick Coins Regular Size: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3hsuhdnxqzmnqz/StPatrickGoldCoins.pdf?dl=0

      St. Patrick Coins Small Size:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/783lgrpl0wy1zx4/StPatrickGoldCoinsSmall.pdf?dl=0

      St. Nicholas Coins:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/johr7odovfwg7u3/StNickCoins.pdf?dl=0

      If you still have trouble, send me your email address and I will email the documents to you. Hope that helps!

      Delete