Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Simple and Sweet Treat for the Feast of St. Cecilia



St. Cecilia, whose feast is celebrated on November 22, was named the patroness of music because “While the profane music of her wedding was heard, Cecilia was singing in her heart a hymn of love for Jesus, her true spouse.” She is often represented in art with an organ or organ pipes in her hands. In honor of her feast you can easily create “St. Cecilia’s Heavenly Music Candy Bar” using Kit Kats!

St. Cecilia’s Heavenly Music Candy Bar

Supplies:

 


Unwrap the KitKats and aassemble the candy on a serving dish to resemble an organ keyboard.  Enjoy!



Let the deep organ swell the lay
In honor of this festive day.
Let the harmonious choirs proclaim
Cecilia’s ever blessed name.

Let the harmonious choirs proclaim
Cecilia’s ever blessed name.

Cecilia with a two-fold crown,
Adorned in heaven we pray look down,
Upon thy fervent children here
And harken to their humble prayer.

Let the harmonious choirs proclaim
Cecilia’s ever blessed name.


St. Cecilia, special patroness and advocate of all singers, musicians, authors, and students, pray for us!

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. This is FANTASTIC! I was just here last week looking for ideas for St. Cecilia while looking up an idea for Mother Cabrini and didn't find it. Just came back for something else and look who is here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I have seen many variations of edible keyboards online - made with candy bars, cookies, or cakes. The KitKat version was my favorite and I thought it would be perfect for St. Cecilia.

      Delete
  3. That is so easy and clever! I'm a pianist, why didn't I think of that? ;) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cute! I wanted to make that for my sister for her feast day, but I could not find any white chocolate Kit Kats. Were did you find those? ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them at two different stores - one is a local chain and Target had them as well.

      Delete
  5. This is simply wonderful. I had no idea there were white Kit Kats! Thanks for another good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very clever! my confirmation name is Cecelia. :-) Now I will remember her for music and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete