Last year my boys had their final Hockey game of the season followed by a potluck for the families, on St. Patrick's Day! In an effort to tie in the feast day in addition to a few morning treats along with Cinnamon Shamrocks I decided to take a Green Pudding dessert! This delicious dessert only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and it was one of the first things gone at the potluck. My kids have already asked if we can make it again this year.
St. Patrick's Day Pudding
adapted from McCormick
- 2 boxes (4-serving size each) vanilla instant pudding (or you can use pistachio pudding and eliminate the green food coloring}
- 3 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1-8oz. tub of Whipped Topping
- 1-18oz pkg. Oreos, coarsely crushed
- Shamrock candies, cookies, etc. for garnish
Pour milk into large bowl. Stir in food coloring. Add pudding mixes and beat with a wire whisk 2 minutes or till well blended. Let stand 5 minutes. Gently stir in Cool Whip.
In a trifle bowl layer the crushed cookies and pudding mixture, beginning and ending with the crushed cookies.
Garnish as desired. (I used Shamrock Candies to represent the Trinity!) Refrigerate for at least an hour or until ready to serve.
Additional recipes for the feast of St. Patrick can be found in the archives!