Friday, March 18, 2011

Lily Lollipops for St. Joseph


Jessica has turned me on to making candy decorations and I've discovered that it's a very easy way to add a little elegance to a celebration! I'm making these as a favor for the St. Joseph's Day baby shower/luncheon I am hosting tomorrow. I ordered this lily lollipop mold and picked up some white peppermint candy melts and yellow vanilla melts from the local craft store. I've never made a two color candy before but I really wanted the lilies to have their signature yellow anthers in the middle. Here is what worked for me...
I melted a little of the yellow and using a toothpick, dabbed a few tiny drops right where the anther indentations were on the mold. Here's a close up:
Let that set in the fridge for a few minutes and then fill the lilies with the melted white candy as normal. I inserted the lollipop sticks and added another small dollop of white to the back side to help hold it in place. Once your candy is completely firm, pop them out of the mold. It was much easier than I imagined! I think I might make some as Easter favors for some friends. Or maybe for the feast of the Annunciation!
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. They look so pretty and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those! Hope you had (are having?) fun at the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! My girls like them...I just might have to get a few molds.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Perhaps a nice treat for the Easter baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great and seem quite do-able. I would love to try and incorporate more of these neat little things into our liturgical celebrations. Quite inspiring -and yummy!

    Blessings, Kalei

    ReplyDelete