Monday, April 26, 2010

Good Shepherd's Garden Party :: Week Three


Our third Good Shepherd's Garden Party, as we celebrate the 50 days of Easter with The Garden of the Good Shepherd, is based on the theme "The Heaven's Tell God's Glory."

The Heaven's Tell God's Glory Menu Suggestions

Sun Cupcakes
Whipped Creamy Clouds
Talking Rain Sparkling Ice
Thunder and Lightning
Windy Cakes
Rainbow Kabobs
Crushed Ice

Decorating Ideas

Lightning Bolt Straws
Pinwheels


Head over to Charlotte's blog to see the pictures from her Good Shepherd's Garden Party for Week 3.  I just love the "Sun" Pizza she ended up making!  Isn't it so cute!?!



I also made a substitution for the sun...  I just wasn't up to baking the cute sun cupcakes after making two other cakes last week. However, I wasn't very creative and just used a package of cookies instead of the cupcakes.  :)  You can see our pictures at Shower of Roses.


Charlotte and I have been amazed at all of your creativity as you modify our plans for your own Garden Parties!  Angie, who doesn't blog, emailed us the following pictures to share saying,  "Here are the things I made for the week 3 party. My kids love breakfast dinner, so they were thrilled to have grapefruit "suns", pancake "Clouds" with bacon lightening, sparkling pink lemonade rain, with ice "hail", scrambled eggs "wind", and rainbow fruit kebobs. We finished off with the rice crispie shields for St. George. Thanks for all the great ideas!"

Grapefruit "Suns"

Pancake "Clouds" with Bacon "Lightning"

Sparkling Pink Lemonade "Rain" with Ice "Hail"

Scrambled Eggs "Wind"

"Rainbow" Fruit Kabobs

Thank you, Angie, for sharing your beautiful pictures and ideas with all of us!  

Charlotte and I never even considered incorporating breakfast foods (like Angie's above, or Colleen's from Week 2) into our menus!   What a great idea!! 

Now it's your turn! How did your family celebrate this past week?

To Post:

1. Create a post about your Good Shepherd's Garden Party or activities for the third week of Easter.
2. Using the Mr. Linky below, enter the exact link to your post.
3. Link your post back to this post. (Please feel free to include the Good Shepherd's Garden Party Button!)
4. Be sure to visit the links and see how everyone else has been celebrating!
5. The linky will be open until next Monday when we add a new one for Week 4.


Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I managed to have a celebration. Praise be to God!

    I may start a day by day celebration since there's the possibility of me going into labor at anytime.

    Sorry for the double entry. I got a little happy with the enter button. Feel free to delete one of my entries.

    Pax Christi- lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad you e-mailed your photos, Angie, so that you can participate in sharing your creativity with us! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Good Shepherd's breakfast! What a fantastic idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to everyone for making these celebrations so unique and inspiring. I love the breakfast idea and also the sun pizza! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to see such variations on the themes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lena, I'm so glad you got to have another celebration prior to giving birth. I'll be praying for a healthy baby and you!

    Love the breakfast ideas too!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With the First Communion/Confirmation season upon up, it has been a little hectic for us - so we combined several ideas from the past couple weeks for our little party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm finally able to post our celebration. Having computer issues. Anyway, I'm having so much fun seeing every one's celebrations. God bless your Easter Season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally posting! Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete