I made it a couple weeks ago for a family get together and it was SO delicious!
Sundried Tomato Pasta Salad
adapted from Pioneer Woman
- 8 oz extra moist sundried tomatoes (or 1 jar of sundried tomatoes, drained)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 - 16 ounces bags of pasta
- 1 jar Kalamata or assorted olives
- 1-2 pints ripe cherry tomatoes, halved (I used 1)
- 15-20 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Prepare dressing by blending sundried tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, and vinegar until tomatoes are chopped. Blend while drizzling in olive oil; continue blending until mixed together.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and rinse with cold water until no longer hot. Pour dressing over the pasta, add olives, and toss together. Add remaining ingredients, tossing together and adding more dressing until the salad is coated to your liking. Serve on a big platter with an extra sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Note: To make a smaller salad, use just one bag of pasta and pour the extra dressing over a block of cream cheese. Serve with crackers.