Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mount Carmel Steamers

Here is a simple morning treat I made for my children today, in honor of the feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

Mount Carmel Steamers

  • 4 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup Hershey's Caramel syrup
I used our Cocoa-Latte Hot Drink Maker(this is such a fun machine!) which heated, mixed, whipped, and frothed our caramel milk perfectly.

Update: Ours is no longer available. You can find a similar model or a milk frother here.

Other options:
  • Prepare one serving at a time by adding 2 Tablespoons syrup to 8 oz. of heated milk.
  • Make a delicious cold Caramel drink by using cold milk.
  • Add instant coffee to make a café-style Caramel Latte (This is how I made mine this morning. Yummm!!)
  • Top with a "Mount" of whipped cream and then a bit more caramel. (Which I intended to do and then totally forgot!!)

Enjoy!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Perfect for the feast, I'll give this a go on the feast of Elijah on the 20th!

    ReplyDelete