Well, the other day, I ran across these directions online, for this fairly simple Lamb shaped cake, which doesn't require a mold! Isn't it cute?!? It reminds me of the Lamb Cupcakes we've made a few times.
Recipe and Picture from Family Fun
- 1 baked dome cake (baked in a 1-liter bowl, such as Pyrex)
- 1 baked 9" round cake
- 3 baked cupcakes
- 2 to 3 cups white icing
- 1 cup chocolate icing
- 3-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 Jujyfruit candies (eyes)
- 1 nonpareil (nose)
- Red shoestring licorice (mouth)
1. For the basic shape, set a dome cake upside down in the center of a round cake and secure with icing.
2. Cut one cupcake in half and place it for the ears, then arrange two more cupcakes as legs.
3. Frost the cakes (except for a triangular face area), the outsides of the ears, and the top halves of the hooves with the white icing, then cover with mini marshmallows.
4. Use a pastry bag (or a plastic bag with one corner cut off) to pipe small dollops of chocolate icing onto the face, bottom halves of the hooves, and centers of the ears. Decorate as shown.
Here's another idea for decorating an Easter Cake: