Inspired by the Holy Spirit, I made these homemade organic flour tortillas, cut with a cookie cutter, and decorated with what I had on hand...tomatoes. It is much easier to cut pre-made tortillas if in a hurry.
Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Mix 5 tablespoons of soft coconut oil or butter into to 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour until evenly distributed.
- Dissolve 3/4 teaspoon salt into 3/4 cup of warm water.
- Add water gradually flour until a dough ball is formed. Use your hands to knead. Add more flour or water as needed.
- Separate dough into 12 balls. Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out as thin as possible. Use flour if needed.
- Cook on medium until it starts to bubble. Flip over and add cheese, cover with another tortilla that has one side already cooked, then flip over again as cheese starts to melt.
- Garnish with tomatoes in honor to recall the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Heart of Jesus, burning furnace of charity, have mercy on us!